Soil Stimulant & Residual Herbicide Remediation
Reclaim is a soil treatment product with 3 distinct uses:
- Reclaim was originally designed for the degradation of herbicide residual. Pre-plant application is preferred, but post-plant application is acceptable. If you are actually seeing sub-lethal herbicide effects on your crops, time is of the essence! Reclaim “can heal the sick, but it can’t bring back the dead…” Apply in a timely manner!! Depending on the severity of the chemical residual, more than one application is sometimes needed.
- Reclaim is an excellent biological soil conditioner. It has broad spectrum enzyme complexes and proprietary blends of microbial stimulants. These components effectively increase the microbiology within the soil, allowing for better water management, nutrient release, and root enhancement. Reclaim can be used anytime throughout the growing season for this purpose.
- Reclaim, used as a mid-to-late season application, is an excellent tool to push bulking on potatoes, onions, and many other crops. The concept is two-fold.
- First, Reclaim stimulates new root growth at a time when a plant’s root system is trying to slow down. The new roots are more efficiently able to retrieve phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients.
- Second, Reclaim stimulates microbial activity, making phosphorus and potassium more plant-available.
Now that is Efficient Soil Function!!
Timing for Residual Herbicide Remediation: 1 week pre-plant (preferred), at seeding, immediately after seeding OR as soon as possible when problem is identified.
Timing for Increased Nutrient Availability
- At or before planting
- Mid to late season – depending on crop
Pivot irrigation, drip line irrigation, aerial spray, ground spray
- Can be mixed with most chemicals and some nutrients.
- NEVER Tank mix with phosphorous or sulfur based fertilizers or chemicals. (Always perform a jar test before tank mixing)
Beans in Basin, WY July 6, 2014
Unknown Herbicide Damage from Canal Water
American Falls, ID June 12, 2001
32 oz/ac Reclaim Applied on May 16, 2001
Treated area has lower mortality and healthier plants.
2017 Potatoes, Used Prowl & Tricor
Burley, ID 2003
Everest herbicide damage on field corn.
Cut Bank, MT July 20, 2013
Wide match herbicide damage on dryland lentils. Reclaim was applied 2 weeks after residual damage was identified. Reclaim should have been applied at planting, yet we still saw dramatically positive results.
One Application of Reclaim 32 oz/ac Through 1/2 of Pivot
June 3, 2009 Very Sick Cucurbits Before Application
July 24, 2009 Six Weeks After Application
October 4, 2009 After Frost
Increased Nutrient Availability
- To promote over-all soil health and function as a broad spectrum soil microbial stimulant. Reclaim can be used for this purpose anytime throughout the growing season.
- To promote late season bulking in crops such as potatoes and onions, as well as size and color in tree fruit.
Entire soil profile – apply through pivot, drip-irrigation, overhead-irrigation, by airplane or by ground sprayer.
Timing, Increased Nutrient Availability
- At or before planting.
- Mid to late season – depending on crop.
Note: NEVER mix Reclaim in the same tank with phosphorous or sulfur based fertilizers or chemicals.
48 Tons of Reds! Reclaim and Renew
32 oz/ac Reclaim Early and 32 oz/ac Microplus Foliar with Herbicide
Reclaim Applied Mid-July and Again 30 Days Later
Note the improved color, lenticel pattern and increased shape/fill. Photos taken in September.